7.07.2010

frogging, flogging, and blogging

Go Spain!
I have no idea how to properly cheer for a soccer game. I really have gotten into the whole soccer deal, but I'm not a pro yet. I can be heard shouting things like "KICK THAT BALL, SPANYARD!" and "NO, DON'T KICK, BITCHES!"
I think the problem is that people don't really do anything other than kick in soccer. Or I just don't know enough about soccer to distinguish the differences between kicks.

Thomas: America is awesome at everything. [rolls eyes]
Me: Thomas! You're my new favorite!
Thomas: What? Oh, clearly you didn't see my eye roll.
Me: Oh. Well, it's what I heard that counts.
Thomas: You would like me a lot better if you were blind.

This sent me into hysterics, of course. Thomas might still be my new favorite, regardless of the eye-roll.
It's up for debate. I'm still not sure who my old favorite was, so it may be hasty to choose a new favorite already.

I've been into this new thing where I threaten to flog people. It's really useful in a lot more situations than you would think. As I learned with Peter, if something is giving you trouble, hit it with a hammer.
Anyway, this new tendency has gotten me into a bit of trouble, because no one understands me when I speak. They think I'm saying I want to "frog" them. "Frogging" has somehow taken on a sexual connotation. How that happened is a mystery.

Me: Danny, I told you not to eat the chips! I will flog you!
Danny: No, don't frog me! I'm still sore from last time you frogged me!

You see how this can get out of hand very quickly.
Flogging people is one of the best ways I know to express myself though.
Sometimes, people just need to be flogged.

Thomas: Are you going to blog about blogging about me saying that you were going to blog me, about blogging?

How am I supposed to not blog that?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: