7.17.2011

florence and le ragazze

I'm sitting in my kitchen watching The Office and reading The Oatmeal and eating italian cheese singles.
Earlier today, we sat in the park and ate cake and cheese on crackers and drank wine and listened to Taylor Swift.
I seriously am beginning to think I live a charmed life. Sliced cheese and cake and Taylor Swift and wine and The Office are some of my favorite things.

Yesterday a bunch of us went to Florence. I bought some leather sandals, and we saw the Duomo (which is much more impressive from the outside, not to be an Italy-snob) and had what was probably the best meal of my life. I had some seriously green gnocchi with tomatoes and bacon-pieces, and sea bass, and then we shared some cheesecake and tiramisu.

I really want to come back to Italy when I'm older. Maybe I'll work here for a year or something and teach English. Even to be an au pair for a summer later on would be awesome. I just need to be back in Italy in the foreseeable future, for an extended period of time, please.

Love always,
Clara

P.S. The woman who told us about the clips clipped a bag of clips to our door. The Italians are so much friendlier than the Swiss! In other news, I fail diplomacy.

No comments: