10.22.2011

come at me

Last night a certain Daniel failed to accompany me to an orchestra concert and left his backpack in my room. Come on, Daniel. Get it together.

Then John and I ran around to a number of places to see what was going on. The first stop was the frat, of course, where people were standing outside disassembling the sukkah. The sororities were holding a tent party on the green, so Benny and I went in to show support or something (the proceeds went to battered women, in the event that they even broke even, which seems doubtful unfortunately). I bought a cupcake.

John called Andrew and discovered that things were happening in Barbour, so we headed over there. It turns out, the jujitsu club was having a party. There were a lot of people who like fighting, but no fights. Those of us who were accustomed to spending time in that apartment stayed in the kitchen for the most part, where we found party hats. I also went on a long rant about linguistics, to a poor girl who simply asked what it was. It turns out, I know this girl's cousin in a somewhat awkward high-school capacity, so we had a long talk about that as well (Hi Maggie).


Me: Should we check out the rest of the room?
Dan: We're wearing party hats. We should probably keep to ourselves.

Then we wandered back to the frat, where we found a number of the grad center kiddos. They were standing in the hall, and definitely not playing beirut (which is what John had hoped, I suppose. It's all the same to me. Good company is good company, and I'm not especially talented at throwing balls into cups.)


Me: Val, you're so Belle! You're pretty and bookish!
Val: No! She was so shallow! She was like, ew, beast, get away from me.
Me: But then she sees his personality and they fall in love!
Val: But I'd be like, whoa facial hair! Come at me!

That's what happened last night

Love always,
Clara

No comments: