10.16.2011

moral: staple guns are actually really dangerous

Yesterday was full of excitement.

1) I met John's family in the Ratty. I had not expected to see them there (note: Why do parents seem to want to go to the Ratty when visiting Brown? If you want to pay 12 dollars for lunch, go somewhere with food that doesn't suck!), so I was entirely unprepared. My hair was wet, for heaven's sake. But David told me that they were around, and after a moment of fretting about the wetness of my hair and whatnot, I went over to say hello. It was only a little bit awkward, although I found out later that John's sister was standing right behind me while I fretted to David. Yikes.

2) Buxton had a little soiree last night, so we spent a good portion of the day setting up. Vivian and I were staple-gunning fabric to the walls (like curtains. Very classy), when somehow a staple ricocheted off of the molding and stabbed her hand.
Naturally the two of us dashed off to Health Services, not telling anyone where we were going or why (no time!), and they fixed her up. But in the mean time, excitement! Adrenaline! New friends! A bunch of us Buxton girls had dinner later on, so I'm kind of considering the whole experience to be a net positive, although it wasn't my hand.
(But Vivian really is fine.)
(Now I sound horrible.)

Today has been significantly less interesting.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: