6.10.2011

bologna!

I'm here! I'm so excited!

(That is the sort of thing that might sound cliche on another blog, but anyone who knows me knows that I am just as likely to say it out loud, making it authentic.)

Bologna! Woohoo!

I got in yesterday around six and embarrassed myself thoroughly, several times. I even dragged my suitcase up two flights of stairs into the wrong apartment building. Turns out, the third floor of that building was a hospital, and the workers pinned me as another utterly hopeless American. (On second thought, I might have needed medical attention after all. That suitcase is heavy.)
At that point, my ego had been so destroyed that nothing stopped me from doing the following.

Me: (Knocks on random door)
Man: Si?
Me: Do you speak English?
Man: Yes.
Me: Can you tell me where I am?

That is the realest of real conversations.

I did eventually get here though, thank goodness. The bunch of us went out to dinner with our language-partners, where they taught us to order pasta. I've learned all I need to know.

Love always,
Clara