6.11.2011

new best friend

I have a new best friend. He is the old man who works in the cafe across the street from my apartment.
This morning it was raining, but I was wearing sunglasses, because that's generally what I do regardless of the weather. I came into the cafe to sit and drink espresso and work on my homework, and another italian guy said something to me.

Man: [incomprehensible italian]
Cafe man: [explaining that I'm american and have no idea what he said]
Me: Si.
Man: [pointing outside] [pointing at sunglasses] You are an optimist!
Me: Ah! Si!

I sat there for a while, and the cafe man actually helped me a bit with my homework (What is the plural of caffe? Caffe!). Later, the sun came out. As I was passing by on my way to meet the others at the fountain, I stuck my head into the cafe.

Me: Sono optimista!

He blew me a kiss. We're definitely best friends.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: