6.14.2011

strega nonna

Caroline is telling us about these books that apparently everyone read except Erika and I. They were about an Italian witch-grandmother.

Caroline: So the guy doesn't know how to stop the magic pasta pot from overflowing with pasta, and pasta just flows all over the town!

Today I made fried eggplant. When you cover vegetables in oil and bread and cheese and salt, you can pretend that they're healthy when they're actually delicioso.

Me: This needs something!
Erika: Try some spices. They're above the stove.
Me: Oh. Cool. You're more culinary than I. What do you recommend?
Erika: Try... oregano, and basil, and... thyme.
(later)
Michelle: Erika, you're so domestic. You should have a show.
Me: Yeah. Like, "How to do things"

I plan to learn how to do all kinds of things from Erika. She truly is fantastically domestic. I feel like I'm living with Martha Stewart (in the best way possible) and it's definitely rubbing off on me. I made curtains today.

Me: Ooh, what website is that?
Erika: Martha Stewart dot com. It's embarrassing.

Also notably delicioso is nutella, but we all knew that.

Caroline: Did you know that hazelnuts are plentiful in the northeastern region of Italy? ... there's a build-your-own-breakfast feature on the nutella website!

We are having a grand old time.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: