8.24.2009

I went to school today.

In the most technical sense. I had one class.
I spent my other time trying to get my online Calculus course past the school's firewall, learning everyone's name, getting lunch at the supermarket and eating it on the loading dock feeling simultaneously sketchy and urban, and doing my German homework.
That's right. Two hundred words about my summer.
At least it's not a three page essay... like APUSH last year.

You kids at home haven't started school yet. I am jealous.

But after school we had fun. I went out with my fellow seniors and they showed me Westside, which is basically a very American shopping mall west of Berne. I like, heard angels sing when I went in, and I'm not a huge shopping mall person.
On a related note, I've started saying "y'all"
I think I identify more with the traditionally American things (such as being southern and liking consumerism) now that I'm not surrounded by it. I am making myself a reminder of home.

Anyway, then we watched Inglorious Basterds. That was awesome, if a little slow at times. Watching Brad Pitt kill Nazis like a boss is very satisfying.

The internet connection at school kind of sucks. It's a disappointment.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: