8.01.2009

A noise!

There was, just now, A LOUD NOISE.
Mom: Clara, I think you should come down from the third floor.
Me: What? Why?
Mom: Remember when I was in that house and the roof caved in? It made a sound like that.
Me: But there's no caved in roof
Mom: But maybe it's about to cave in
Me: So it made the noise in advance?

Later...

Mom:It might be that the ghost is mad we're leaving
Me: That's entirely possible
Mom: (to the ghost) Don't be mad, we have a very good friend coming. Don't worry. He's very nice

In other news, I had lunch with an old friend today. Whom I hadn't seen in a solid two years, and had only known for three weeks even then. But that was irrelevant. It was fun. I feel like we're sort of on the same wavelength anyways, so it wasn't an issue that it had been so long.
It's great when that happens.

And it was probably the most normal afternoon I've had in a long while, and I definitely needed that, what with all of the moving insanity.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: