8.17.2009

Out and about

I miss home. That's a fact.
This place is at once boring and overwhelming.
I know that opinion will change, but for now, that's it.

I went into town today. I went with Steph and Trey and we were going to go to Interlaken but at the last minute I realized I had no desire to go to Interlacken at all, so I walked around by myself for a bit and then I went back home. They're probably there. I hear it's beautiful but the train was crowded and gross and I didn't have my iPod and I just didn't see the point. I'll go sometime. I'm here for two years. I'll see the mountains.
I found myself at a 'kiosk' store (which is roughly 7/11 or CVS equivalent). They didn't realize I didn't speak german there, and they kept talking, and I was like "ja, danke". I bought a Fanta and a KinderJoy thing. Those are fun. I get immense satisfaction from assembling the little toy things. I probably should have grown out of that years ago, but it's still fun.

I also miss people. We still have no wireless (although the landline computer is fixed) and that's killing me. I'm not using Patrick. I'm on this stupid PC that freezes when I try to read Gizmodo. I want to skype with people. Not that anyone's awake.
And the really annoying part is that as soon as I talk to anyone I know I'll just end up talking about how great it is here. It is. But it also sucks.
BLJKLSJDGH I don't know what I'm saying.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: