11.15.2010

kids these days, man


This just transpired on facebook. It's really bothering me.
I don't want to go around trashing random kids who are years younger than me. But can we talk for a second about their attitude? Not as a personal attack but as a gateway to a discussion about something more emblematic of society?

Who the fuck is proud of misspelling the word "Sweden"?

I mean, it kind of bothers me that they jump on my sister for her request for political correctness. The word in question bothers me too, but I've come to terms with the fact that some people feel like it's their right to use it. That's fair. I get that.

But all these acronyms bother me (What is LLS? I just want to know!). And the exclamation points. For the sake of context, let me point out that these kids are indeed educated. They definitely DO know how to spell "Sweden."

And then why talk back to me like that? I'm supposed to be the older sister that these kids want to impress.
They are just too cool for me and my knowledge-of-countries I guess.

Ugh. The whole culture of "Look how ignorant and obnoxious I can be on the internet, regardless of whether it's a reflection of my actual behavior" really pisses me off, in whatever context.

John: I hate it when people post stauses like, "The more a flame is covered up, the hotter it burns." A) WHAT? and B) Stop infiltrating my news feed with your ridiculousness. The more a flame is covered up, the faster it goes out, you idiot! Do you understand oxygen?!

Love always,
Clara

EDITED TO ADD: Apparently "LLS" means "Laughing like shit." The more you know.

John: Because excrement laughs.

1 comment:

James said...

Oh the beauty of FB status flames.