11.27.2010

so it looks like i'm addicted to free labor

The blogging hiatus lasted a little while, at least. I just don't know how to quit you.

I'm having a music moment this afternoon. It's phenomenal, if I do say so myself.

Say It's Empathy (Crystal Castles + Rihanna + Lupe Fiasco + Terra Naomi) - Mochi Beats
Radar Detector - Darwin Deez
Weighty Ghost - Wintersleep
Sundress - Ben Kweller
First Impressions - Julia Nunes
Balloons - Julia Nunes
Guns and Horses - Ellie Goulding
Go Outside - Cults
Animal (Miike Snow cover) - Javier Dunn
Your Song - Ellie Goulding

I recommend all of these.
I coffee'd with Sam and Eleni this afternoon and we talked about our life plans.

Me: I just can't see myself doing anything practical, ever.
Sam: I'm going to marry well.
Me: No, Sam, you're supposed to be the person that other people marry well.
Sam: Eh. I'm very well bred.

Sam is tired of people being smitten with his cousins. I have a bad habit of becoming smitten with relatives of my friends. But my friends have been smitten with my relatives as well, so I think it's fair. In any case, I can't help that I have unmistakably attractive cousins. And Sam can't help that either. We'll all just have to cope.

I developed a new verbal tic last night. I now say "LOL" at everything in a semi-ironic-except-not-really-i-just-tell-myself-that kind of way. It's a problem.

As Alston would say, "error."

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

John White said...

a) if you're addicted to free labor, then I want the edited version of those two pictures you took of me at the concert. NOW. please. :)

b) I thought your cousins were disgusting shit shows? or is that just that one that 'works' at the family dealership and wears jerseys all the time to be 'sexy'?