10.10.2008

Freaky freaky freaky

So remember how this morning I wrote a post about my dream? And how in this dream a freshman was 'chirping'?
This frosh who was chirping in my dream is in outdoor ed. Her name is Grace.
Today in Outdoor Ed, we did solos, where you sit in the woods for like, half an hour, by yourself. It's quite nice. And then afterwards you talk about your experiences.
Well today, about 12 hours after I had this dream, we're all talking about our solos. And Grace starts talking about the birds that she made friends with. And...
She starts chirping.
So of course I shout out, "Oh my god Grace I had a dream about you CHIRPING last night! Savannah, you were there too!" (Savannah being another freshman who was in my dream and is in outdoor ed).
It was quite freaky.

Then we were on the topic of dreams, and this girl Shannon started telling us about one of hers.
Shannon: So the alien took me back to his home planet. He was green. And he told me the ways of the world, but I didn't tell anyone else about it.
Mihir: Did this actually happen? (clueless)
Everyone: YES (sarcastic)
Tory: Which explains why Shannon is the way she is today...

Too funny.

More real conversations from Outdoor Ed today-

Savannah: So this one time I was fishing with my dad... (tells story about seeing deer) The deer were this close to me! And they walked around me in a circle like I wasn't there
Mihir: Were you on a boat?

Mr. Morgan (before solo): I want you to make a friend today, be it with a bird or a frog or a bug crawling around.
Joey (after solo): I made friends with a female mosquito. She landed on my hand and decided to suck my blood. Then she told her friends about me and about five or six of them showed up. Then Mr. Morgan came, after they'd had a nice drink from me.
Shannon: Well, I tried, but no one wanted to be my friend.
Joey: I should introduce you to mine. They're a nice group of ladies.

What a strange bunch I associate with. But then, at the same time, it is quite wonderful and fantastic and among the only places I can say "super awesome" "civil war" and "dodgeball" in the same sentence.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: