10.11.2008

Playing Dress-up

So next week is Spirit Week. Thursday, we juniors dress up as 70's people. So I decided I would raid my mom's closet to find 70s type things.
Most fun I've had in a while. She has very... eccentric... tastes sometimes. And I will be thoroughly prepared for Decades Day.
I've also found what I'm going to wear next year. Blue dress, wide shoulders, very 80s. 
It's a little scary how much of this stuff my mom owns and actually wore at one time in her life. I remember when I was little I loved dalmatian dogs. And she had this oxford-type shirt with black spots that became pictures of dalmatians. I loved it.
I saw it in her closet tonight. Oh my god. People wore that?
But i remember that she did, on a fairly regular basis. And not just to humor me.

I tried to find a homecoming dress with isabella today. Forever 21, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Express, fail fail fail. Finally ordered one online from Urban Outfitters- tried it on in two of the wrong sizes, hoping that the middle one will fit.

That's it right there. I rather like it. I feel like because I'm a junior I'm allowed to depart from the traditional 'nice, possibly sparkly, homecoming dress' idea a little bit, which is nice.
I like the idea of doing it a little bit differently. And it makes your waist look tiny, this dress.
I like it.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: