10.07.2008

Once on this island...

is the musical this year.
It's very Caribbean. Which would be cool, unless you know my school.
We try to do diversity, I swear. We just fail. Pretty badly.
I've been listening to the songs though, and I like them. I just can't see our wonderfully jewish director doing it. Or Mr. Rich, our fantastic chorus director. 
Although he did pull off Tshosholoza (an amazing song that the guys had to sing for this cathedral concert).
I should have more faith.

I missed Breakfast Club this morning (due to laptop drama yesterday). That's probably why I'm so faithless today.

This aforementioned laptop drama is what kept me from blogging yesterday too. On Patrick Star, my beautiful macbook, the cd disk drive got squished shut and TRAPPED my mix CD. So lots of exciting things happened  resulting in me driving to the Apple store in the middle of the night (8PM is late for me, okay?).

I'm watching the debate now, and should be reading the Great Gatsby.
Somehow, Fitzgerald reminds me of a 1920's version of Vonnegut, minus the science-fiction bit. Just the way he writes, as if he's a peculiar person talking. I really like it.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: