3.09.2009

Eavesdropping

Otherwise known as: My favorite hobby.

Two sophomores (male and female) are discussing who the girl should develop a "crush" on. The guy is using all kinds of code names.
"Water will always be there for you. Like, if you have no electricity... you still have water!"
Now they're using australian accents.
Previously, the guy said that If he had one superpower, it was that he was a Super Secret Keeper. An SSK, if you will.

I'm something of a SSK of other people's secrets. Not so much my own, but I'm getting better. But as I've said, I blog. Privacy is not at the top of my list of priorities.
I used to claim it was. That I wanted to live a happy little life under the radar. My blog was password protected. It was all very secretive. And then I realized I totally hate that because I'm an eldest child, effectively, and thus I like attention.

I'm not technically the oldest. Stephanie and Donnie are my Dad's kids from his first marriage, 28 and 33 respectively. I don't know why we call him Donnie, seeing as he could have children by now. Probably just to differentiate between himself and my dad.

And they live in the area and they're around, but not so much that it would make me a "middle" child. Although when they are around, I pretty quickly assume that role. Mediator.
I have an aversion to conflict.
That's been true for as long as I know.

Except when it comes to my authority issues. Then I crave conflict like a drug. Adrenaline and the like.
In the realm of my own life, I tend to avoid conflict, just for the sake of my own happiness.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eavesdropping=great.

Have you ever wondered the etymology of 'eavesdropping'? I have no idea.