3.03.2009

Open question

I happened to be in the same building as the 11th grade parent forum tonight, which my dear mother was moderating. After I had completed my own business, Katie and I decided we had a right to hear what these crazy parents and administrative folk were saying about us. And by "us" I of course mean the collective bunch of juniors who I am intensely defensive of. "Us" is my second family, even if I'm not bffs with all of "us".

So we had our heads in the window listening in, and my mom came over to discreetly moderate us out.

I know what goes on at these meetings usually: Too much work, not enough sleep, will they ever get into Harvard? Oh I am a stressed parent!
This time it is obvious that certain recent events are being discussed, as they should be. Communication is good
But if it's obvious that we're being gossiped about, why don't we have a right to know what's being said?

My question to you, whoever it is that reads this, is as follows:
Does one inherently have the right to know what is being said about them? In cases of like, meanness? In cases of people trying to help other people (as in the case of this parent gathering thing)?
You are totally welcome to comment  in that little thing below the post that says "comments"

Love always,
Clara

No comments: