3.23.2009

I'M BACK!

In the U.S.A.

Italy was phenomenal. Exhausting, but phenomenal.
Best bits:
  • Seeing things (collesseum, roman forum, awesome renaissance art, pompeii, etc)
  • Getting hit on by a mime (kind of literally)
  • FOOD. Pizza in italy is not even the same thing as pizza in America.
  • Awesome freedom and the subsequent wandering of the streets of Rome/Sorrento
  • Chilling with cool people
  • Finding myself saying typical stupid-clara things due to tiredness/jetlag (i.e. "I hate when you find out someone is dead after it happens")
  • At our lodgings in Sorrento, we stayed in these cabins and outside there were orange trees. Like, you could reach up and grab an orange and peel it and eat it. To be fair, they were really sour and it wasn't exactly recommended.
  • GELATO (egg flavor is randomly really good)
  • I invented something called "the pasta game" that makes you pretend to be pasta to go to sleep. You start off as a stiff dried noodle and end up in a meal, covered in butter and cheese. Thus I got the nickname "noodle".
  • Italian boys are attractive. Fact.

Now I'm on the good old college tour with dad. Today we hit up Brown and M.I.T. which was pretty cool; now we're in Hanover NH to check out Dartmouth tomorrow morning and then drive to Bowdoin.

My god I'm a nerd. But I'm so okay with that.

I have spent far too much time going between airports in the past fourty-eight hours. They are becoming something like a second home to me.

Oh well. Could be worse.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: