8.29.2010

an abundance of hangers

I ran into Ora today! I'm not sure I'd actually seen her since she graduated a couple years ago, but there she was standing in line at the Brown bookstore this afternoon.

Ora: Hey! What are you doing here?
Me: I need more hangers.
Ora: Oh, if you want to come by my dorm, I have a thousand extra hangers.
Me: Awesome! Thanks!

So I go over to her dorm. It turns out she's pledging a coed fraternity this semester (which sounds really cool), and their building shares with another frat. She wasn't exaggerating when she told me how many hangers she had. There might have been tens of thousands. So she gives me two big armfuls and we plan to grab lunch sometime and I walk back to my dorm. With two huge bundles of hangers. Going through a frat.
I felt like Edward hanger-hands or something.
It was awesome.

So that was just one of the many many uncomfortable-freshman moments that I know are in the stars for me.
Hoooray for being awkward.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Kaite said...

yay uncomfortable freshman moments! I've had maybe a 100,000.