8.27.2010

stressing out

In 15 hours, I will be in Providence, Rhode Island.
I am stressing out.

We (meaning myself, my mother, and two of my many many aunts) went to Target today to pick things up. Various simple things like laundry detergent and Advil. Somehow this became a crazy stressful experience which I would prefer not to repeat. Everyone had opinions on my laundry detergent! No one understood my desire for cute band-aids!
I'm a wanderer. I like strolling through every single aisle figuring out exactly what it is that I need. I don't like limiting myself to a plan, and I don't like having to justify my decisions to other people, and I don't like it when other people (who aren't aware of my elaborate decision-making processes) give me relatively unnecessary input. I know that in the end, it's all body wash, but I want the one that smells like pomegranite because I had a weird love affair with the scent of pomegranite last summer, and my old shampoo/conditioner used to smell like pomegranite, and now that I'm using different shampoo I need some pomegranite in my life, and I don't want to have to explain that to my random well-meaning family members.
I have my reasons.

This is why I used to go to CVS by myself. I'd just wander around. It was great.

Then we got pedicures which was nice except that the woman tried to attack me with her viscious sandpaper torture device. Besides that blip, I did get a lovely lavender color on my toes, so... all's well that ends well.

I've just been stressing out all day and getting worked up over random things. What I need is to blog and run around on the internet for a while, but there hasn't been time for that.
Now there is. I feel much better already.

Blogging is sort of like a drug for me. It keeps my internal monologue from getting to out of sync with reality. If I'm being a crazy person in my head, usually it goes unchecked, but I like to think that I have to acknowledge my madness if I write it down.

Anyway. Expect another blog post tomorrow, and the day after, and forever more, and if I stop, know that I am either busy (e.g. yesterday) or completely losing my mind (e.g. yesterday).

Love always,
Clara

No comments: