8.24.2010

goodbye, switzerland!

I'm leaving. Again.
I think I'm getting used to this itinerant life though. Maybe I should be a Foreign Service Officer. Or door-to-door Bible salesman.

I feel very tempted to bring the kitchen sink.

I went to school today. I needed to pick up my yearbook, and I wanted to bid my ISB friends adieu. I also wanted to steal some music from Thomas's USB, but that didn't exactly work out (coughthomasisafailurebutjkilovehimcough), so he's going to do something fantastic to get me his awesome music, somehow. I trust him.

I'm going to miss the ISB kids. I've gotten so used to their antics. I've grown accustomed to their faces. I've sang songs that I've written in front of them. They've seen me at my best and some of them have seen me at my worst as well. I edited (read: designed) their yearbook, and had to pretend to have some knowledge of the general zeitgeist. But, just as Heisenburg would have predicted, my observation altered the result. I think.
(Wow, I just grossly oversimplified quantum mechanics. Sorry, Heisenburg.)

In any case, they're great and I'm going to miss them and I have this feeling that my absence will be noticed. If anything, with Emily and I gone, it's going to be a lot quieter in the hallways. To which I say, to hell with that. I'm going to be making hallways noisy somewhere else.

At least two of them twitter, so that's a plus. Thomas, I know you're reading this, and I expect you to at least tweet music recommendations at me. And get me that USB. Somehow. I will try to spread the gospel of Freelance Whales to the greater Providence area. And, of course, Marina.

I'm tempted to give everyone shout outs right now, but that's going to get lengthy and awkward and boring to anyone who doesn't know whom I'm talking about. Let it be said, instead, that all of you will go far (essentially, at the risk of sounding pompous, I don't hang out with people who aren't destined for great things).
If you have the chance, come to university in America (or even elsewhere on the east coast of the North American continent) so we can hang out. I'm looking at you, Kajus. And Adelene. And whomever else.

Any of you, feel free to send me your TOK essays. I'll be sure to get high on shrooms before editing. Then you're sure to get a 7. Because, you know, that's how TOK works.*
What is reality anyways?

All in all, I love you guys, and I'm off to college, and I'll see you in December.

Love always,
Clara

*Disclaimer: I've never done shrooms. Mom, calm down.

No comments: