8.03.2010

wooosh!

Okay, I'm home and sort of rested.
Let's talk about europe.

Best vacation ever. Paris was gorgeous. We went to museums and went shopping and avoided most of the touristy areas. And we cooked. I made bruscetta. Eleni and I ran around with false identities calling everyone grapefruits. It was awesome.
Then we went to Berlin and became obsessed with their traffic-man, the Ampelmann. I bought some art from this anarchist community in an abandoned warehouse. We ate currywurst. I discovered that canadians are strangely drawn to me. Not sure what that's about, but it's a bit alarming.
The train from Berlin to Prague was a mess but we made it and that's what's important. Prague is absolutely beautiful. We went to a castle and a bar crawl and a classical music concert. We came back to our hotel room and ate breakfast cake with nutella.
Three short flights later we're in Santorini, in the back of a taxicab with a madman, with whom I was probably rude. Worth it. We discuss my entitlement. I would say "entitlement issues" but I don't see any issue with thinking I deserve not to be killed in the back of a taxi or be overcharged for margharitas or forced to stand on a public bus. If all the seats are taken, fine, but if there are free seats, who says anyone else deserves to sit any more than I do?
We swim in the water. We go to a volcano. We swim in hot springs. We take naps, we take busses, we learn to like tomatoes. That last one was just me.
I walk into a potted plant. That's what you get for trying to walk and text at the same time.

All the while, we're reading Pretty Little Liars out loud, reading epic lines like "Hanna's adam's apple bobbed" and "Rain made Aria think of rainy days" and "woosh!"
We are entertained.

Now I'm home and I'm actually at work.
Promise me that if I ever begin to think a job in an office sounds like fun, you will all find me and smack me and redirect me to these recent blog posts. It's all bitterness and bitchiness and obsession with protocol. And I am not a fan.

Yesterday I went for coffee with Chris because I needed to get out of the house. I'm in this state of mind that I'm an independent person, and being in my home just puts me in the jurisdiction of people whom I don't need. Being out of the house means I'm on my own.
I leave for college in 22 days though.
I really need that.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: