8.12.2010

i'm so itchy

I got probably a million bug bites today.
Now I'm debating whether to go to work tomorrow. I probably should. I have things to do there.

Today I brought Chili to work. I decided he and I both needed some excitement.
He, of course, ended up sitting on the floor under my desk, bored out of his mind. I told him, welcome to office life. He made this horribly sad whining noise.
I agreed.

Now I'm talking to Chris. I'm not sure why I do that.
Me
yeah i color outside the lines too
i'm a crazy badass like that
Chris
colouring outside the lines is a sign of incompetence
Me
i'm post-competent
Chris
not bad-assness
post-competent?
Me
like, post-structuralist? or post-modern?
like, i've gone through the "competent" phase and now i've moved on to "post-competent"
Chris
like door-post?
Me
post-morality?
Chris
or fence-post
or even better
post-man
Me
(i am literally shaking my head right now)
Chris
post-card
Like... wow.

He doesn't realize that he's basically an existentialist. I've tried to explain it to him.
I spend a lot of time explaining things like existentialism and Freud and the passive-perfect-participle to the kids here. They don't seem to be absorbing much of it.
Except Simone. He's really absorbing this Freud business. I think it haunts him a little bit.

Earlier I was talking to Chris about leeches. How we get onto these topics is so beyond me.

Chris: Leeches suck.
Me: Literally!
Chris: No, figuratively.
Me: That was a pun. I was really proud of it...
Chris: Oh.

I can't wait to go to a place where people understand when they're being existentialist and will put up with my puns. I sure hope Brown is that place. I feel like it will be.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: