8.23.2010

somehow i think my google results are okay

First, a real conversation from this afternoon--

Mom: Is that you?
Me: Who?
Mom: That girl.
Me: No.
Mom: She looks like you.
Me: Mom, she's black.
Mom: She's wearing sunglasses.

This is what happens when mom looks over my shoulder as I newsfeed-stalk. She can't tell the difference between a news feed and a profile I don't think, so she thinks every item is related to me in some way.

Speaking of facebook and the internet (and the crazy way we live our lives these days), Daphna is very concerned about her google results. When one googles Daphna, the fifth result is her involvement in a facebook group called "Whenever I feel down I listen to the Enormous Penis song and everything's OK"
Daphna
WHAT WILL THE COLLEGES SAY
Clara
haha
Daphna
enormous penis = rejection
Clara
the colleges don't have time for your penises
Daphna
hahahhahaha
idk
they stalk facebook
Clara
seriously
Daphna
they can google my name
Clara
they get SO MANY applications
i feel like they only facebook stalk if they're really super not sure. or bored.
Daphna
although
if i google you
the first thing i get is
clara beyer (clarabellum) on Twitter
its been said i'm a tender spanish lover. also, naked romps lead to jail.
twitter.com/clarabellum - Cached - Similar
Clara
and somehow brown let me in
Daphna
brown might be down with the naked romps. i doubt princeton is down with orgies and enormous penises. they are less chill. they're presbyterian for god's sake.
For god's sake.

Tomorrow is my last real day in Switzerland. I'm going to school to pick up my yearbook, and getting my final shit together. And on Wednesday, I fly to Boston.
This is insane.

In other news, there's an awesome thunderstorm going on right now. I love storms.

This has been a random blog post, brought to you by Clara's tired brain and an excess of date bars.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Daphna said...

oh dear god i didn't know i was being quoted on this...

WHAT WILL THE COLLEGES SAY? this could come up on my google results!

...kidding. love you.