8.17.2010

real live humans

It's been a wonderful day for a skype-chat. I'm telling Mackenzie about our crazy house-guests.

Me: They're like, real live humans now, not just random fetuses.

Mackenzie just found out that her campus is dry, and fairly serious about it, but not too serious, thankfully.

Me: At least you're not going to Brigham Young.
Mackenzie: What?
Me: The mormon university?
Mackenzie: Oh. I thought you said Bring-Him-Yum. Like, bring him the goods. I was like... what?

She would.
On an unrelated note, tonight at dinner, we got into a conversation about Star Wars with the "real live humans".

Me: Are the Jedi humans though? I'm not really sure.
Addison: They are, they are! Um... but... they are but they aren't.
Me: Exactly.

Someone gave us a flamboyant Bern-themed flask. It's got Bern-pride tassels and a Bern bear and Bern colors everywhere. I kind of want to bring it to college with me, as the requisite swiss-paraphernalia.
Mom is not sure that this is a good idea.
I think it's a great idea.
I could just put it in my dorm room and admire it from a distance. It could go right next to my globe and my postcards because I am just so international.

I hope I don't become obsessed with my world travels.
It seems likely, unfortunately.

Mackenzie: My singing lumberjack man... the man of my dreams.

I can't even comment on that.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all jedi are humans, just the important characters. Yoda is an exception to this rule, as he is an important jedi, but not a human.

And now you know V: