5.08.2011

glitter

Andrew: Today my mother sent me a picture of my cat's paw.
Me: I saw my dog on skype today. I win.
Andrew: I saw both of my cats in person today.
Me: Oh.
Andrew: Never try to defeat me.

Mother, please step it up. Andrew is winning. Also, Mother, if you're reading this, please skip the rest.

I came home two nights ago covered in glitter and lube, and I am going to tell you why.

Friday night was a relatively chill night from the start in Keeney. We decided that classy cocktails would be a fun thing to make, so we spent a solid amount of time hanging out in Scott's newly half-empty room (Ken, we all miss you terribly). Slowly people worked their way down to play Beirut, listen to music, and generally do whatever it is that we do on a Friday.

However, this Friday was unusual in that there seemed to be a circle of people in their underwear on the quad. Nicole and I had decided to investigate, but she got wrapped into a game, so I boldly adventured out on my own.

Me: Hello! What is going on!

It was at that point that I realized the two guys approaching me were also covered in glitter and paint. They explained that it was a birthday party for their friend who had lived in Keeney for two years in a row. They also explained that they were open to welcoming new paint-party-goers. They were out of paint it appeared, but had ample glitter.
The glitter was sustained in some kind of gooey substance, a fact I discovered when someone smeared it on my arm. I discovered that it was lube much later on, once there was no turning back.

I convinced the others to come out with me, before going upstairs myself to shower. At around that time, some Zetes showed up, people got naked, and DPS made an appearance. I'd say it was the most quintessentially weird college experience I've had all year.
I hope next year has as many of these moments.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: