11.04.2008

ELECTION DAY

I'm dizzy and nervous and kind of having heart palpitations.
Oh. My. God.

So today, there was a mock election at school. Every class was a state or so.
McCain got 0 electoral votes.
Not even joking.
I go to a very liberal school. I love it, to be honest. We have just enough conservatives to make it interesting.
I got to speak actually. I got to say "The class of 2010, representing Texas and Ohio, gives its combined 54 electoral votes... to Barack Obama!" as if there were some suspense involved.

Honestly, i'm one of those people who doesn't understand why 'bleeding heart liberal' is an insult. Yes, I want to save the world, or figure we might as well try. Yes, I think that if you have more money, you should pay more taxes, and if you're struggling to pay the bills, you should get a break. . Yes, I'm an idealist, and maybe a little bit naive.
Deal. With. It.

My parents are in Chicago. I am jealous. But if tonight, by some twist of fate, doesn't go well, it'll be a very sad party indeed.
I don't want to act like i think we're going to win. Objectively I've looked at the polls and it's looking like that's the case, but if I say so, I'll jinx it. And then the country will be screwed and it will be my fault.
Oh God.
So that's why I'm nervous

Love always,
Clara

No comments: