11.29.2008

Family parties

Two parties tonight. With the lovely parents.
At the first, I knew no one. It was a scene out of gossip girl, with the exceedingly attractive and sophisticated high school kids from the all-boys' and all-girls' schools being corrupt, and of course there's the mysterious girl who's "a family friend". I'd like to think I was mysterious. It's possible I was just awkward.
At the second, I had heard everyone's name in stories of my mom's adolescence. So that was cool, putting the pieces together. My step-uncle steve is a creeper. It was funny, all of it.

Secret of the day:
I actually haven't started my homework at all. I've been conveniently forgetting about it all break. Tomorrow is the last day of national novel writing month. I'm kind of half-screwed.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: