11.25.2008

Vampires and love

I just saw Twilight with my sister. We loved it. Sure, if I were being rational and really analyzing the movie I would say that some parts were a little unclear and there wasn't nearly enough Alice for my liking, but I am being a teenage girl, so my only coherent thought is: Where the hell is my Edward Cullen?
My sister and I were debating whether he needs to be a vampire or not (I said "ooh i want one" and she said "a vampire? you want a vampire?" and i said "no, i just want... that" and off we were).
She says that if he were human there would be no plot.
I agreed, but said that the real story was in his devotion to her, and her completely retarded (in a beautiful way) trust in him. That was the part I wanted. Although there wouldn't be a plot.
I then argued that one needn't have a good storyline for a good life. And for example, we know this family whose life could be a lifetime movie, complete with plot twists and red herrings, but I would NOT want to be them.

My puppy has decided he wants to play with me. There's this yellow plastic key that he keeps trying to get me to throw for him.
He is the cutest thing in the world. I do not exaggerate when I say this.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: