11.27.2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's turkey day and I'm reading twilight for maybe the third time and feeling quite depressed about my love life. I've said it before and I'll say it again- my edward cullen better show up pretty soon, or I'll wander off with Mike Newman, and everyone will be sorry.
Not that there's even a Mike in the sad sad life that belongs to me.

Okay, enough self-pity for the one day of the year supposed to be entirely devoted to thankfulness. I am thankful that...
-I have warm boots on right now
-My cousins are cool
-I have little homework over break
-My nails look really funky right now
-My dog is the cutest thing alive, and if you disagree you're wrong
-I have a generally good life, compared to some others out there
-I don't have to take the SATs again
et.
cetera.

They always say though to focus less on yourself on thanksgiving... that seems a little counterintuitive to me, just because if I'm being thankful on the behalf of others, it would end up sounding like:
-I'm thankful that Paris Hilton's hair is so nice
-I'm thankful that Kanye West is still successful
And so on.

I figure people probably mean "Be thankful and realize that other people can't ramble on as long as you can about how great their lives are"
Which is a good sentiment.
I don't know. I'm usually in it for the turkey and mashed potatoes.
Until this year.
Two things I'm NOT thankful for
-My dysfunctional inflammation-affected body that can't really handle simple carbohydrates or fats
-My sudden distaste for rotting animal flesh (otherwise known as the fact that I'm a vegetarian)

Love always,
Clara

No comments: