11.13.2008

Laying the smack down

You know those days when you have too much stuff to do and you end up wasting most of that time during which you should be doing things stressing out about the stuff you have to do, and then taking it out on the people around you and eating chocolates left over from halloween?

Yeah.

I told my mom today that she had too much fun, and that I didn't have nearly enough fun, and she was fifty one and I am sixteen, so that is incredibly backwards. I should be having insane amounts of fun at this stage of my life. She should be doing dishes and looking at me and sighing and saying "oh, how wonderful it is to be a teenager in the 21st century!"
But alas.
No, she goes off to fundraisers and whatnot and I sit at home fuming about 
a) the fact that she's off having fun
b) the fact that I have a latin test tomorrow
c) the fact that school in general kind of sucks the life out of me.

It shouldn't be doing that, anyways.
Sometimes it is way fun. Then they assign work. And it becomes way less fun.
But I still watched The Office tonight, and realized that Keira and Connor in my novel have a relationship similar to Jim and Pam in that the girl is kind of joking around all the time and the boy is totally smitten.
They make me smile. I want one.

I realized that: I'm one of those girls who really likes having a boyfriend. So hey you, Jim/Connor/whatever equivalent, you need to show up here pretty soon because I am bordering on legitimate unhappiness, and that just won't do.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: