11.23.2008

Motion to explain absence

Point of information: Where have I been?

I'll defer that to the author.

Model Congress 08 baby. Amazing. I loved it with the burning passion that tends to overtake me when I get to fight about something political for three days straight. My bill failed (that auto-industry bailout thing killed me), but it was way close. And I talked a lot, which was fun, and amended bills A LOT, which I personally love doing.

I was in full senate with Paul and Will (whose names I'm not sure they want on the internet because usually I ask, so feel free to forget those names), which was one hell of a dynamic. We were an army.

Fall concert was friday night. Madrigals was... eh. Chorus was... better. All those crazy a capella groups were amazing, and so congrats to any of you guys reading this. You rock :)
After that the Model Congress/Concert people went to get pizza in the city (yes, at like, 10 pm) and I swear I have not laughed that hard in a year. I was slightly slap happy, and we did the raucous teenager thing, but way classier because we are very classy people, we model congress/concert kids.

The Congressional Ball (aka wild slutfest) was... as it is. Fun but in the end a little disturbing. You know how that goes, yes? Not so much my scene.

And now I should be studying for one of the four test/quizzes I have in the next two days, but I felt compelled to blog.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: