11.12.2008

What a peculiar day

I have a prediction:
in the next couple days, I will get a headache.

I'm retarded today. And I'm talking really loud, and I feel little twinges of this future headache. It's allergy season. 
I want the damn thing to just come already, so I can take an advil and be done with it. But no, the headache monster likes to turn me into a (loud) babbling idiot before it does its real damage.
One might say that the idiocy is the real problem.
Who can tell?

Today, sam fell asleep in physics. it was really funny. And for the purpose of keeping him asleep, we were probably the quietest we've been in that class all year.

And today I realized I can't remember the second line of Elgar's "As Torrents in Summer"
I know this bit "As torrents in summer *something something* in their channels suddenly rise, suddenly rise" etc. but it's the *something something* part that's killing me.
Why do I care so much about this song? I mean, really? It's a song we sang at the end of the year in chorus, and I liked it a lot and its pleasant hopeful message, and yeah occasionally I sing it to myself in the shower, but I'm really quite annoyed that I don't know this line.
It's a disconnect I guess. Disconnected from last spring.
Although I'm not sure I want to be connected to last spring.
Well, I am a person who lives without regrets, and therefore I would like to hold on to all parts of my life, including that one, which I suppose is why it distresses me that I can't remember this line.

Today was funny, probably because the damn allergens floating around are like drugs for me, so I'm basically walking around high on leaf mold.
Great.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: