1.07.2010

chocolate+integration problems=success

Edward Burger: I just had a chocolate morsel and it was really good. You might need a chocolate morsel to get through integration problems too. You know when chocolate sort of lingers in your mouth? Isn't it great?

This guy is on a video, and yet he is one of the more engaging math teachers I've ever had.

Mehdi wants me to say that he's been nice to me today. I am typing this under duress.

Now Edward Burger is imitating Ronald Reagan for reasons I can't begin to understand. And he's not just imitating Reagan doing normal presidential things, no, he's imitating Reagan doing an integration problem.

Mr Burger: This is how Reagan would tackle this sort of problem, I think, if he chose to do so.

He basically does math, occasionally saying "We will not trade arms, I mean du/dx, for hostages" and "Well, that's what Nancy told me" and "I've got some jelly beans here."
It's pretty hilarious. I was captivated.

Mom and I were just talking about my crazy grandfather. We'd seen some really old home videos that he narrated.
Me: This is what makes me think, maybe he doesn't have alzhemier's, maybe he's just like this.
Mom: This is what makes me think, how was he ever a doctor?!

Love always,
Clara

No comments: