1.24.2010

i've been given an award? or something? lemonade!



I'm not exactly sure what this is. The person who gave it to me (who is a fellow blogger, by the way, and she is pretty cool, and here is a link) doesn't really know what to make of it either, but she was awarded it (lemonade?) and so she awarded a few other people.
Blogger appreciation? Cool.

Anyway, it's been a pretty boring day. Sundays in general are pretty lame in Switzerland. In America, Sundays were my errand-doing-days. Oh, I need new pens! Time to walk to CVS! And take some pictures! And drop off film! And buy more film! And go wander around the bookstore because this is a totally productive activity!
In Switzerland, almost everything is geschlossen. Which means closed, if you don't speak german like the cool kids do, you loser.
(I know that was a biting remark. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings but welcome to my life. Living abroad is hard and I am taking it out on the people around me)
Which means there can be no CVS trips or RITZ-Camera runs or Books-A-Million wanderings. Also, there are no CVSs or RITZ-Cameras or Books-A-Millions.

Books-A-Million was always a sort of terrible bookstore anyway, to be honest. But it was close, and it was basically across the street from the RITZ-Camera, so it was a nice way to waste time. We used to have a better bookstore in Old Town but then it closed because it turns out people don't like books after all, and then I moved to Switzerland.

Anyway, Sundays are boring over here and so I've been spending most of the day watching videos on youtube, which is a pretty giant waste of time.
Super-productivity begins NOW (or in a few moments).

Oh, also, at Thomas's request, George is getting his own tag, so that you can locate his george-isms quickly and efficiently. And Thomas if you read this, I intend to look up your music recommendations tomorrow, because that would make sense in the grand scheme of my music-blogging-schedule.

Okay. Really. Working beings now.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: