1.02.2010

snap back to reality

Everyone's gone home.
I don't quite know what to do with myself (except the obvious: work).

I'm feeling too self-indulgent to be very productive today, to be perfectly honest. Mom and I tried to go to the mall, because there are some pretty insane sales right now. But everything was closed.

Mom: Why is everything closed?
Me: Maybe it's Sunday.
Mom: I don't think it's Sunday. How do we check?
Me: I don't know.

I checked my phone. It's Saturday.

We had lunch at this awesome Thai place.

Mom: Why is everything closed?
Waitress: It's Sunday.
Me: It's Saturday! We had this debate!
Waitress: Well, it's not really Sunday, but it's like a Sunday. It's a religious holiday. In the rest of the world, it's Saturday, but at Westside [the mall], it's Sunday.
Mom: So everything was closed yesterday because it was New Year's Day, and today it's a fake Sunday, and tomorrow it's a real Sunday?
Waitress: Yep.

Switzerland is a really weird place, especially on Sundays (real and otherwise).

Love always,
Clara

No comments: