1.15.2010

just keep skiing, skiing, skiing

We went skiing today! It was fun! Hooray!
How long do endorphins last? I'm curious as to whether my mood is a physiological or psychological side effect of skiing. I guess in any case it's psychological. Never mind.

Anyway.

I had to get up earlier to get the train to Zweisimmen, so mom brought me breakfast, which was very nice of her. However, she clearly has no idea how I usually eat breakfast.
My standard breakfast is a cup of coffee (to keep me awake until lunch) and a bowl of swiss-brand Raisin Bran (for all of its fiber and protein and whatever else it is that keeps you full). This morning I had a croissant and a glass of orange juice.
Which was delicious and much appreciated.
But by eleven I was starving, and ready for a nap.

We ate lunch on the mountain, on picnic tables outside. There were little kids running around, because the whole school goes skiing on ski days. I mean like, second grade to twelfth grade. It's kind of awesome. Anyway, these little kids start throwing snowballs at each other, and the 9th grade guys join in, because 9th grade guys are really mature. So Robert-the-freshman invokes the wrath of some fourth grader and decides I am a good shield.
I end up covered in snow, and pissed.
Honestly, I don't get angry very often. Maybe it was just the shock of the cold (on my neck...), but something made me flip out.
Emily commiserated with me. She'd been hit too.

Emily: I usually don't want people to be afraid of me, but times like this, I just want these kids to have a little fear!

So, here is the lesson- Children, respect your elders. Especially if they're cranky because they didn't have coffee this morning.

I told Emily and Rashmeen my epic chair-lift nerdiness. If I'm on a decently long lift and the chairs have numbers (and the numbers go in order), you can ask me at basically any time how many chairs there are to the top or the bottom and I'll be able to answer one of those questions. It's a compulsive thing I think. I like to do math.
I also told them about these songs I know about the parts of speech. I only told them about the songs because I started singing one and I was afraid they would think I was weird.
... Wait. That may have backfired.
Anyway, there was some computer game where you got to explore a treehouse or something, and there were songs about adjectives and such. I remember the words really clearly.

An adjective is the type of word that describes things
(Which one?)
(Whose is it?)
(How many?)
(What kind of?)
See that little green bird?
She's smart and you can hear it!
She can say seven words.
My pretty pretty panama parrot!
That... Little... Green... Smart...
Seven... Pretty... Pretty... Panama!

I may be going out tonight. We will just see about that.
I mean, I might be too busy reliving my youth and singing songs about adjectives.

File this under: I am a bigger dork than you could possibly imagine.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: