1.03.2010

i have a problem with firefox tabs

Tabs that have been in my tab-bar in the past few hours:
  • Facebook | Bottle o' Messages
  • Google Search Results: salami (Eleni...)
  • Puppy Pictures
  • How to type upside down
  • Google Search Results: you cant say no to me tiger (see note)
  • Paris Hilton and her Pic [PIC]
  • This is why you're fat
note: I was looking for a song by a band with the word 'tiger' in the name, with the lyrics "You can't say no to me". Once I hit 'search' I realized the other possible interpretations.
Evidently, Tiger can't say no to many people.
(teehee, pop culture reference!)
(I guess that one's getting old though.)

Anyway, I just went and downloaded a whole bunch of music!

Countdown - Phoenix
Song for You - Alexi Murdoch
I Sing I Swim - Seabear
How Does It Feel - Monta
Oh Horatio - Tiger Lou
The Crane Wife 3 - The Decemberists
Fill My Little World - The Feeling
This Is the Life - Amy MacDonald
These Streets - Paolo Nutini
Resurrection Fern - Iron & Wine
Bad Romance - Lady GaGa
Gettin Drip - Wallpaper

Music makes me so happy.
What a cliche.
I always feel like such a little teenage-girl-joke when I say anything about music. I feel like someone is going to jump out of the closet and say "You're making that up! You're just saying that to sound cool!"
Especially because most of my preferred artists are on the fringes of fame, not popular but usually familiar. It's like I'm trying to be edgy or something, except when I have a Miley Cyrus moment.

These are some statements that are true, but I feel like everyone says, which makes them feel less true:
  • I listen to what I like; I like what I listen to.
  • I'm not really a fan of what's on the radio (especially here. In Switzerland, the radio is all bad 80s and 90s music. 'My Heart Will Go On' played in the car today)
  • I would probably die without my iPod. Music keeps me sane.
It just has this terribly familiar ring of inauthenticity, doesn't it? I don't mean to sound this way. But it's true!

Gah. Caring what people think is such a waste of energy, and I see now that I've been caring too much whether people think I care what people think. How ironic and backwards.

Well, here's a confession: I don't get Animal Collective. I like 'Summertime Clothes'. That's about it.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: