1.05.2010

kinky

Mom: CLARA WHERE ARE YOU?
Me: Dad's office
[she enters]
Mom: Are you doing your physics?
Me: ... no...
Mom: What are you doing?
Me: It's a... I'm reading... you're too old, you wouldn't get it.
Mom: What?
Mom: You're right, I don't get it.

Later...

Mom: You want me to ask them to set up a table in front of the fireplace?
Me: What? Why?
Mom: I don't know. It seemed like a kinky place to have dinner.
Me: *dies*

Edit because this thought doesn't deserve its own post- I was clicking through a blog (what else is new?) and this blog* has pictures of people on it. And in one of these pictures, a girl is wearing a shirt that I OWN. I saw it and got inexplicably really excited. I wanted to like, find a way to contact her, so that I could say "You and I have vaguely similar taste and both shopped at Target in 2007!"
Then I realized this was irrational.
But do you ever notice we get really excited when we have the same thing as someone else? I mean, I'm sure Target-brand made thousands of my navy blue waffle shirt that buttons down halfway, and there are thousands of people who bought them, and it's not like we should all get together and start a club... but what if we did?
That would be the greatest facebook group ever-
People who have THIS SHIRT.
It would be hard to find people to join though. Somehow, most of us only have one or two articles of clothing in common with our friends, or even people we know. So you couldn't really invite your friends to the facebook group. You would just have to hope.

I like the idea of it, for some reason.

*Okay, vaguely embarrassing confession: The blog I was reading is "Chicks with Stubbed Toes Making Sex Faces"... which explains the picture, doesn't it?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: