1.27.2010

yesterday, in brief

I didn't blog yesterday and for that I apologize because I really wasn't doing anything more valuable with my time.

Yesterday was awkward. One awkward moment basically defined January 26, 2009.
I was in the computer lab working on yearbook. A class of ninth graders was in there. I gave them a survey ("What's your favorite thing about grade nine? What do you do on the weekend?") for yearbook purposes.
I was listening to music the whole time, by the way, which I feel justifies my actions at least a little bit.
Anyway, after a little while, the survey made its way around the room and back to me. I looked at it and realized, much to my dismay, that the ninth graders answered the "What's your best memory of this year?" question in the exact same way as the 8th graders. And the 7th graders. Apparently everyone loves Ski Days and Village Camps (which is their annual camping trip/bonding experience).

Me: Wow, you guys love ski days. [awkward pause] I mean, ski days are great, but y'all are just like the seventh and eighth graders! Except... older. Wow. I'm talking to myself in a very quiet room. I'm digging a hole for myself... okay.
Room: [silence]

It was awkward. Robert came up to me later like "Ooh, ninth graders are like eighth graders, but older!" and I tried to explain what was going through my head but I did not succeed in this, and now the ISBerne class of 2013 thinks I'm crazy.
I mean, it was only a matter of time.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: