1.17.2010

new thing!

I am feeling a little bit uninspired. It's probably all of this sitting-around-at-home that I've been doing (mostly against my will, for the record. I jump at any opportunity to leave the house).

Anyway, I have an idea! I am going to interview people about things.
I just don't know what things.

This is where you come in, blog-readers. Strangers, friends, whoever you are, comment below. What are you interested in? What would be a good interview topic? What question do you think would be really awkward (and thusly hilarious) for me to ask someone?
This is your opportunity to make me look like a lunatic!

As if I don't do enough of that on my own.

Oh, on that note, yesterday I went to go see Avatar with the gang. I need a name for the group of 11th grade boys. They're definitely name-worthy. During intermission (because movies have intermissions here), they were all telling jokes.

Danny: ... And so the blonde goes "T. G. I.F. ... thank god it's friday?" and the guy goes "S. H. I. T. ... sorry honey, it's thursday"
Matt: That's so stupid.
Me: Yeah... Oh something like that happened to me once!
Everyone else: [uncontrollable laughter]

They wouldn't let me explain either. It wasn't really me!
This was at camp. There was a weird tension between us nerds and the ballerinas that we shared the camp with already, but that tension escalates on Drag day and Goth/Emo day.
I could ramble on about the intricacies of Nerd/Rina relations at CTY, but the point of the story is that a little dancer was wearing a shirt that said "happy fourth of july!" everywhere... on July 3rd.

Of course, they did not listen to this story. Thomas heard the middle part though.

Thomas: Wait, what was that? I just heard something about goths and ballet. What are you talking to yourself about?

Love always,
Clara

No comments: