4.18.2010

the disadvantages of being floral.

Just so you know, the title is supposed to be a reference to "The Perks of being a Wallflower," but I'm not sure it worked, because people don't immediately link the words "disadvantage" and "perk". If the book were called "The Advantages of being a Wallflower," that would be a lot better for the purposes of my attempts at humor.
Anyway, I tried. Insert cleverness above, if you are not satisfied.

I went out last night, wearing a skirt that I borrowed from Grace. Or, rather, I bought it for her for christmas, and she didn't like it, so I asked her a couple weeks ago if I could have it. So now it's mine. And I really like this skirt- it's one of those banded ones, and it's black with red flower-looking-things and little green leaf-looking-things. It's great.
So I'm wearing this with my legitimately-comfortable-heels (which I wear everywhere) and a white t shirt.
I should have counted the number of awkward come-ons I got from the rando swiss guys. Walking through kleine schanze, I had to pass through a group of older men who went dead silent.
Then one offered me money. Great.

Chris: I really like that skirt.
Me: Good. So does every guy in kleine schanze.

Speaking of counting things, I counted 119 DSLRs in Venice on our second day. It was really fun. I told Dad about the count after lunch; he said that counting things is pretty characteristically OCD, not that I have any of that or anything. Then he helped.

We did a walking tour the other day, and then a boat tour in the evening. One couple that was on our walking tour was also on our boat, so when we were getting off, dad asked jokingly, "So, what are we doing tomorrow?" because I think slightly-creepy-questions is his sense of humor sometimes.
And we start chatting with this couple while trying not to fall into the Adriatic. And then I see a camera and I go "Oh dad, by the way, 117" or something. And then I have to explain myself.

Me: See, I'm counting hardcore cameras that I see on tourists today. It's fun; it's like being on a scavenger hunt all the time! Not that I sound like a huge dork or anything...
Couple: *Slowly back away*

Anyway, that's been the past couple days. I spent almost all of yesterday on trains.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: