4.11.2010

i guess my mom thinks i'm incapable of doing laundry

I got college papers and forms and such the other day, in the mail, which was awesome because I had literally been asking my dad every single day whether a package had arrived for me, for the past two weeks. International mail, by the way, is not ideal.
Anyway, the other night I was going through said forms with the parents and figuring out what to do with each of them. Mom got ahold of a pamphlet that mentioned a laundry service that's available.

Mom: Clara, there's a laundry service!
Me: Oh. Yeah. I'm going to do my own laundry though... I don't want to be like, the posh kid who can't do laundry.
Mom: Clara...
Me: What?
Mom: Is that realistic?

Apparently my mom doesn't think I have the ability/discipline/whatever-it-is-one-needs to do laundry on a regular basis. I told her I've been to camp, which means I've probably done laundry on my own five or six times.
It's not like it's hard!
She kept giving me these "Are you serious right now?" looks like it was so inconceivable that I would
a) Even know how to do laundry
b) Want to do it on my own when there is the option to have someone else do it for me.

Isn't college about learning life skills?
I told her Davidson had a near-mandatory laundry service. She said I should have gone there.

Today I did two physics labs, both involving a laser pointer. Chilidog and I had fun with that. Or, rather, I had fun with that, at Chilidog's expense.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Daphna said...

1. your mother is adorable
2. did you get your brown flashdrive?! i am excited for you for that.