4.09.2010

notes on today

Grace has informed me that she is a "atheist liberal mormon" because she has, and I quote, "Mormon values."
This was a surprise to me. But... okay.

This was my last day of being seventeen. I went out to the brewery in Worb and had two beers and felt quite dizzy, because I'm one of the biggest lightweights in the world. It was fun.
I realized, walking home, that I never actually expected to ever be eighteen. I don't remember feeling this way about any other age- eighteen seems so foreign. It's in this weird realm of adulthood that, in relation to me, must be a huge joke.
Me? Adult? Excuse me, world, have we met?
That's what I was thinking about today, walking home from the tram stop in the twilight, still feeling a little lightheaded.

Tomorrow will be fun (aside from my 3 hour math midterm- online classes are super great, guys). Sunday too.

I'm just going to post one of my favorite songs right here, because I feel like it sums things up pretty well right now-


et cetera. I love that song. Independence, Indiana - Eddie from Ohio
I'm seriously listening to it on repeat right now. If you know me at all, you know what a big deal that is.

Anyway, I'm very tired and so I'm going to bed. Goodnight, bloglings.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Katie said...

love that song!
happy early birthday (because it's only 10:20 here, you're not 18 yet.) I think you only become 18 once the time zone you were born in says so.