12.15.2010

i enjoy economics

I have an economics exam tomorrow. It's the last one, so I keep reminding myself that in twenty four hours I'll be done with first semester, and, hopefully, drunk.
That will be a good thing after this week. Last weekend I was mostly either studying for my linguistics exam or feeling like I should be studying for my philosophy exam, so an opportunity for some good old fashioned college stress relief was forgone.
That will be fixed by drinking on a wednesday. In celebration, of course. It's a totally okay thing to do.

Anyway, I just spent three hours in Andrew and Teddy's room studying. We managed to get off topic more often than not.

Me: So MV equals PY. We need a mnemonic. Mars Venus Pluto...
Andrew: Your-anus?
Me: Cool. So Mars, Venus, Penis.... crap.
Andrew: We could just make it Mars Venus, Your Penis.
Me: That works well.

It turns out though, in the quantity equation, the price (P) is actually the GDP Deflator (which is nominal GDP over real GDP)

Andrew: How are we going to remember that?
Me: Your penis is deflated.
Andrew: ... economics does deflate my penis.

This was far more innuendo than you expected to find in my recounting of studying for economics, isn't it?
We've also established that there was consumer surplus of at least thirty cents when Andrew bought a song about communism, ironically, on itunes, and to answer questions such as "What is money?" it would probably be most productive to walk into the exam high and write a long rambling monologue on why we should all just not value money, man, and communes are like, totally great.

Billy came in at some point and started insulting transgendered people. I don't think he was doing it on purpose exactly, but we being politically correct Brown kids felt the desire to chastise him for this.

Me: Billy, we were having a perfectly nice conversation before you came in.
Teddy: Yeah, about having sex with Hooters girls in an alley.
Me: It really wouldn't work in the winter, we've decided.

Reasons I prefer hanging out with guys: #9204

Love always,
Clara

No comments: