12.25.2010

merry christmas!

I hope you enjoyed that last brief post. I enjoyed it.

Merry christmas everyone, for real. My holiday was lovely. I've discovered yet again that it is when I get tired of people that I come out and act like myself.
I'm trying to think of a better way to phrase that but nothing comes to mind.

As I've said before, I really do love my family. Really.
But when my cousins are talking about the details of their respective fourth grade little league careers with my uncle, at a certain point I can't not make fun of them. It's just too easy, and I can only hold back for so long.

We had to cook today. Only the womenfolk. I think the logic of this, on the surface, was that we were the ones who knew how to cook, and the men would be useless. I pointed out later that if we were really electing chefs by that standard, then mom and I should have stayed the hell out.
I think the relatives are trying to domesticate us.

I, for one, will not stand for that.

The problem is, I can't see myself being much of a breadwinner, but I am most certainly not housewife material. I am curious to discover my role in my own family when I find someone willing to marry me.
I sure hope he can cook.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: