12.13.2010

it's a pig!

It's a pig! It's a housebreaker pig!
Actually it's a mouse. But I've decided mice look kind of like little tiny pigs.
Compare:


Go ahead and try to tell me I'm wrong.

Anyway, last night apparently there was a mouse in our room. I didn't see it, but I got a text from Genevieve.
Genevieve
Holy FUCK there's a mouse in our room.
That was also my reaction. When I got back to the room she explained the situation to me; apparently she'd seen it, but it ran behind my dresser and then she moved the dresser and then it was not there, and no one else was freaking out except her. I said that if I had been there I would also have been freaking out.

It's not like our room is an especially mouse-friendly place. We keep it relatively clean. There are no open foodstuffs. It's generally more or less presentable. A mouse was entirely unexpected, and, frankly, unwelcome.

So I decided it was necessary to try to lure this mouse out of the room. I had some left over jam, and I am under the impression that all mammals like jam, so I put the open jar of jam in the hallway and we left our door open last night. Hopefully it worked, but no one can say for sure can we?

Anyway, this all leads me to the following absolutely real conversation.

Nick: Clara! There was a mouse in your room!
Me: I know! It's horrible.
Nick: So, Clara... is catching mice your jam?
Me: ..... Wow. That was a good joke.

It all reminds me of every single time I've tried to write a joke. A super long and overly complicated build up, for a silly pun punchline.
But this was real.

Love always,
Clara