2.03.2009

Breakfast Club and the weather

So this morning I got up and danced my dance and drove to school, early in the morning as I tend to do on particularly spiritual tuesdays, which tends to be almost every tuesday. And it was raining when I left. But when I was almost at school, I realized it was no longer little water droplets falling from the sky, but something more sparkly. And then I realized it was snow and had a moment.
My thoughts were something like this: "Ooh, it's snowing! Sweet! I'm driving in the snow! Can I do that? I don't know! But I am! Yay! Snow!"
I actually probably said it out loud. I talk to myself in the car a lot.

Anyways*. I get to school earlier than necessary but Nikki is there too so we have a lovely little chat before Breakfast club.
Of which the topic this week was predestination. Which I find interesting because it relates to what I was saying yesterday about the "we're all going to die so what's the point?" question.
Here's what I think about that. There is the future. And whatever is in that future, it's going to happen, based on our actions now, which may or may not be decided by whomever you believe in, but which we definitely perceive to be of our own free will. So people say "everything happens for a reason" which is kind of true, but kind of a ridiculous statement. If a "reason" is that it causes something else to happen, (and that something else will cause something else to happen,) saying that everything happens for a reason just means "everything happens and then other things happen" or rather, "things happen".
Yes, yes they do.
I'm kind of rambling now, but you should have heard me at 7:30 this morning. It came out like "The future... is not now... it hasn't happened yet but it will and maybe we change it? And... it will happen in the future"
Or something equally incoherent.
Yikes

So everything was sparkly and snowy and beautiful until about D block when the snow stopped and it became unseasonably warm and melt-provoking.
Not. Cool.

I am feeling very run down and may fall ill in the near future. Just a heads-up as to my health. If you were curious.

Love always,
Clara

*So I learned in math the other day that 'anyways' isn't actually a word. I'd kind of suspected. But if enough people know what it means, who's to say what's a word and what's not? No one. Except that omniscient god dictionary.

No comments: