2.06.2009

So here's a thought

I got a letter the other day from this college summer program. And it looked like an interesting one, so I went to the website.
And I realized it was basically independent (i.e. when you're not in class, no one is telling you what to do). At first I thought that would be kind of weird, and then I realized, that's what college is going to be like.

And then, the weirdest thought: That's what real life is like.

High school warps people. We've gotten pretty good at taking orders. But that can be a blessing or a curse.
It's like that book "Ella Enchanted". Or the movie, if you prefer. We're really good at doing what we're told, but what about otherwise?
Ella was something of a free spirit anyways. She was cool. I always liked her.

Yar told a really great joke today:
What did the progressive say to the dinosaur? 
"You should be dead!"

It struck me as really great at the time. Although, at the time, of course, I was writing a history essay. So anything would have struck me as really great.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: