2.21.2009

A lovely mango!

The musical was tonight!
I'm high on life.
No joke. The musical=good crack.

We rocked it tonight. Fo rizzle. It was all there. And no major slips.
(Major slips do happen. Last year, I think on opening night, we cut about five minutes out of the end of Act 1. When Act 2 started, there were some characters the audience had never seen before and everyone was using a different name for no discernible reason. That was a major slip.)

If I might ramble about my ego for a moment, I must say I was proud of myself tonight. The love goddess thing suits me, I've decided. 

Then we went to Silver Diner, as superstition dictated, to ensure that our own fortunes would multiply. Or something. We mostly go for the shakes and fries.
I took lots of video, most of which will end up on here at some point. I'm thinking music video/documentary format. Compiled and edited. That'll be my project, once I find an ounce of spare time.

I'm already kind of feeling post-musical depression. I feel like today everything came together, and I'm dreading the moment driving home from the cast party that it falls apart again.
I live on this business.
And softball simply doesn't have the same effect. Sadly.
But alas, sports credits beckon. So I'm stuck.

Real conversation of the night:
*Will C blows at me through a straw. He was trying to fly the paper wrapper thing at me, but failed pretty epically*
Me: I've been blown at!
Lily: I don't think I've ever heard that preposition after that statement.
Me: Oh god, let me rephrase. Will blew at me with a straw!
Lily: *laughs harder*
*we continue in this way, and I begin to observe the fact that the milkshakes come with thicker straws. at this point, straws have developed unsavory connotations*
*I reach for Lily's water straw as an example*
*I suffer anomia*
Me: I'm touching your... thing
Lily: *giggles*
Me: And look, mine's thicker!

It was a long conversation. But worth it for the innuendo.

Oh, and the most notable innuendo of the show:
"Come here then. Stay the night and show me your powers. Make me forget this pain. Who knows, maybe the gods did send me a gift after all"
-Will (as Daniel) to Samantha (as Ti Moune) in a steamy moment right before I make them fall in love.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: